- After installing, go to Add-ons -> Slides Background -> Generator on your Google Slides document to open the configuration sidebar.
- If Slides Background is not on the Add-ons menu, reload the page.
- Slides Background has been tested to work on Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, Opera, and Vivaldi.
- Choose a color theme that you like by clicking on it.
- The 'Select Theme' menu will automatically collapse and display your chosen theme.
- If no theme is selected, a theme will be randomly selected and used until you choose another theme.
- This value refers to the transparency of a white layer that is used to tone down the generated backgrounds.
- It takes input values between 0 and 1 and with up to 2 decimal places.
- For our brighter backgrounds, it is recommended to set the overlay to 0.3 so text on the slide is more visible.
- If no Gray Overlay value is set, it defaults to 0.
For Original Backgrounds
- The number of rows refers to the number of rectangles displayed.
- It accepts input values of integers from 0 to 15.
- If no Row value is set, it randomly selects a value from 4 to 8 for each generated background.
- 0 rows creates two objects with some whitespace.
For Hexagons Backgrounds
- This value refers to the size of each hexagon in the tessellation.
- It accepts integer values from 10 to 200.
- If no value is set, it defaults to 20.
- If no value is set, it defaults to 5.
- This value refers to how much each hexagon's color may vary from the colors in the selected color theme.
- A higher Color Noise value would result in more random colors being shown as well as more variation between individual hexagons.
- It accepts integer values from 0 to 30.
- Click this button to generate a new background for the current slide.
- Please note that it may take a couple of seconds for the image to load onto your slide.
- Click the Add button to add the currently generated background to other slides.
Insert As Image
- Click the Insert As Image button to insert the current generated background as an image to any slide.
© Doshy 2020